The Chiesman Center for Democracy promotes and supports democratic principles and active civic engagement.
Our vision is to have a citizenry that is actively aware, passionately engaged, and involved in the democratic process that is respectful of the diversity of opinion that makes our democracy great.
- We respect diversity of viewpoint and a commitment to openness and tolerance in public discourse;
- We believe that all citizens have the right and responsibility to be active participants in the decisions that impact the civic life of our state and country;
- We value lifelong education in the democratic process that builds a commitment to ongoing active civic participation;
- We understand that social responsibility, courage, patriotism, honesty, and integrity are the cornerstones of our democracy;
- We encourage strong communities across South Dakota and our nation that have active, skilled, and engaged advocates seeking full participation in their communities’ well-being.
“All training and services we received were relevant, timely and excellent. Staff were always great to work with and (searched) for the best way to serve our organization. ”
Rapid City, SD
CHARACTER COUNTS Activities